Friday, September 19, 2008

A new discovery: Nicholas le Restaurant

Foie gras with eggplant puree

The day I found out that the ex-chef of Liaigle d'Or is back in Singapore with his own restaurant--Nicholas le Restaurant--I made a reservation for dinner immediately.

J'aime beaucorp, beaucorp!

If the dinner degustation menu (or tasting menu) of S$98++ is too daunting in terms of price, then check out the set lunch that is going at S$38++. From what I can tell, he selects dishes from his degustation menu to feature in his lunch set. The menu changes every two weeks.

I like his rack of lamb which comes with creamy mash potatoes that tastes generously of truffles. I asked for medium rare, and it was done just right. Today I chose the beef cheek, but I didn't like it as much though I was very taken by the tiny, juicy tomatoes.

The only minus is that because it is located in Keong Saik, parking is a problem. To counter that, they have a valet service but the valet was out of sight (probably busy finding parking for another car) when we went there on a Friday night for dinner.

Where:
35 Keong Saik Road
+65 6224 2404

Reservation preferred, but it seems it may not be a must

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...