Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Where was I?

I am on Facebook so eventually, due to time constraints, I just found it easier to update my thoughts and share my life via my Facebook account. But after my dear husband's reminder on why I created this blog in the first place, I've come meekly back (with a sorry look on my face) to update this blog.

So yes.... we were in beautiful Bali recently.

It's a jungle out there
I see a different side of my boys every family holiday. Here they are, making their way through the roots of this holy tree in Gua Gajah (Elephant Cave) in Bali. It's a tricky balancing act.

I am glad Kai is old enough now to understand some of the culture and history of the places we've visited. Gua Gajah was built in the 9th century and it served as a sanctuary for monks. Just walking through our first historic site in Bali brought back memories of backpacking in indochina before we had kids!

A fine balancing act
We let the boys push the boundary of their comfort zone although I admit sometimes my heart is in my throat when I watch them. I half expected Kit to trip and smash his face into the roots, but he did pretty well for a 2.5yo.

Letting our children explore their personal limits is a balancing act. When do you let go, when do you jump in to help, when do you say no?


Between the candi bentar (split gate)
When you enter a temple in Bali, you bring the good and bad side of your being with you. When you leave, you hope the good overcomes the bad.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...