Saturday, May 10, 2008

Grampians part 1: How did I get here?


I pestered Terence to buy our own Macpac Possum (which came with its own 'sad' adventure) because if not, I argued, we would be wasting the wonderful outdoors of the Grampians.

So during our first night at the Grampians, he said: "Can I leave the walk tomorrow up to you? If you don't want to do anything strenuous, that's fine too." Happily, after many back breaking hours of being squashed between the door and the car seat, taking turns to carrying Kai (with the Macpac of course) at Otway Fly, I picked a few easy walking trails to check out some scenic spots in the Grampians National Park.

Next morning, after consulting the AU$3.30 map that he bought, he said: "Let's do the "Wonderland Carpark to the Pinnacle" walk.

OK, whatever, I'm fine.

In the car, I picked up the map and read:
Wonderland Carpark to the Pinnacle
... a strenuous walk to a famous peak

A STRENUOUS WALK TO A FAMOUS PEAK

A STRENUOUS WALK TO A FAMOUS PEAK?

And next to this, it read:
The walking tracks to reach this famous peak involve rock steps, slippery track surfaces, several water crossings and some rock hopping.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...