Thursday, March 17, 2011

Good day, bad day


Kai told me yesterday, in a woeful tone, that he didn't have a good time in school. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked. "No," said the sad soon-to-be-5yo (who incidentally, got reprimanded by his teacher for being rude just before I picked him up).

He was still down in the mouth when I tucked him in to bed. So I asked him what are the things that make him happy? He just shrugged.

This is what I said: "Mummy has good days and bad days too. On bad days, I like to think about things that make me happy. You know what makes me happy? You. So when I am sad, I think about you. And that makes me happy again."

That finally put a smile on my little man's face.

How was your day?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...