Monday, April 19, 2010

Baked-banana moments


(Thanks to the Chows,) I discovered another interesting blog featuring lovely photos and yummy home-made baked goods--Happy Home Baking. While reading through her blog history, I stumbled upon a baked banana with chocolates recipe that reminded me of my days as a girl guide.

For a particular cook-out, we slit some bananas, stuffed chocolates in them, wrapped them in foil, and threw them into the embers. It was a quick, simple dessert that was shared around the fire. Never mind we still had mass tins to wash and area clean-up to do, the caramelized sweetness of the banana mixed with the gooey, melted chocolate really hits the spot. And as I slowly came out of my reverie, I thought what a neat project it is to do with Kai on a weekday night. It's quick. It's fuss-free.

Kai loved stuffing the chocolate chips into the banana (and snitching a few chips in the process). The result was nice, but somehow... the baked banana and chocolates tasted nicer in my memory than what's actually sitting on my plate. Maybe it was the camaraderie that spiced things up and the friendship that a group of teenage CHIJ girls shared back then that made a deep impression, not the baked bananas?

I'm grateful for my baked-banana moment. Never mind if I was actually consuming empty calories.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...