Thursday, May 15, 2008

For days you crave hearty food: Pondok Jawa Timur

I have such a backlog of food blogs that I decided tonight is the night that I'd get them out of the way.
Pondok Jawa Timur was a surprise find in a shopping centre I haven't visited for yonks--Far East Shopping centre. It's a wonderful place to shop if you have the time and patience, and if you have a good girl friend who can give you a low down of how you look in a top meant for someone half your age (if you are my age, that is).

It is hearty, Indonesian cuisine its best. It's a small place, which means it can get pretty crowded during peak hours. But they have pretty good dishes, which are better at the nonsense you get at more well known places like Sanur Indonesian Restaurant.

We love the Pecel Kediri ^, which is basically vegetables topped with some peanut sauce and killer peanut/herb crackers.

We mopped up the sauce of the Ayam Bumbu Rujak ^ (chicken curry?) with our rice. And because I was a sucker for ginger drinks, I ordered some fancy-named warm ginger drink that came with peanuts and some funky looking herbs/ingredients. It was nice!

They have another outlet at The Atrium @ Orchard. From the picture, however, I'd prefer the outlet at Far East Plaza; the cosy setting gives it a more authentic feel to your meal.

Where:
Far East Plaza
14 Scotts Road
#02-66/67

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...