Saturday, September 28, 2013

You're my superman


Dear Kit,

You are my alarm clock in the morning.
7am, without fail.

You are my hurricane.
Never still.

You are a tickle that won't go away,
Filling our lives with giggles, laughter, and plenty of smiles.

You are a sportsman.
Tennis, scooter-biking, cycling, swimming, snorkelling,
And not forgetting those bumps and bruises you've given yourself because you are in such a hurry to grow up.

You are my little chef.
Rolling dough, mixing ingredients, poking your fingers into raw meats
And tasting them.

You are an actor.
A cat. A dog. Even an Egyptian mummy.

You are my superhero.
Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Spiderman.

You are my four-year-old who thinks he can conquer the world,
A living reminder that we too, should just dust off the dirt on our knees when we fall,
And continue running. Never stopping.

Happy 4yo birthday, Kit.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...