Sunday, September 26, 2010

Stamps


My dad used to be an avid stamp collector. When I was (a lot) younger, he gave his album to me. For a while, I added to his collection though my collection was really nothing compared to his.

I had to send some documents to the US about two weeks ago. I have forgotten how pretty stamps are, and each design has a story to tell. Weighing letters, buying stamps, and sticking them on to envelopes used to be something we all did rather frequently. But gradually over the years, technology caught up with us and I stopped thinking about stamps. Almost every thing and any thing can now be dissected into bits and bytes, and sent through cyberspace, over networks.

Will my boys even use stamps at all? Or even know what they are?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...