200ml of whipping cream (tasting note: we would recommend heavy/double cream to make it creamier)
200ml of fresh milk
50g of castor sugar (tasting note: you can reduce this to about 30g to make it less sweet)
1 vanilla pod
100g of salt
1kg of ice
1 quart-size zip lock bag
1 gallon-size zip lock bag
1. Cut open the vanilla pod, and remove the vanilla seeds.
2. Mix seeds together with the cream, milk, and sugar. Pour mixture in a quart-size zip lock bag.
3. Put salt together with the ice in a gallon-size zip lock bag, and mix well.
4. Put ice cream mixture, which is in the quart-size bag, in the middle of the ice/salt pack.
5. Continuously knead the ice cream mixture through the ice/salt pack, until it turns firm.
6. Once the mixture is firm, scoop and place in the freezer.