Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The perfect Ang Ku Kueh

I haven't had Ang Ku Kueh for a long time. Wait. Hang on. No. The truth is, I haven't sunken my teeth into a good Ang Ku Kueh, ever. The skin is either always too thick, too thin, or not springy; the peanut filling (my favorite) is either too thick, too sweet, or the peanut bits too chunky.

I found my perfect Ang Ku Kueh in a quiet, quaint neighborhood--Everton Park--that lies just at the edge of bustling Cantonment Road/Tanjong Pagar stretch. Ooh... the kueh at Ji Xiang Confectionery has a soft, chewy skin that is not too thick, not too thin, and the skin has a nice spring to it. The peanut filling is just the right amount, not overly sweet.


They sell Sesame Balls that are just as divine. But I'm an Ang Ku Kueh kind of gal through and through. They sell the kuehs with other types of fillings too (e.g. bean paste), but I don't like to compromise. It's peanuts for me.

Where:
Ji Xiang Confectionary
Blk 1 Everton Park
#01-33

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...