Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy 2010!


Kai at the zoo's water park now (and Kai at the same park two years ago).

It seems that we always herald the New Year with a trip to the zoo, and comparing the pictures of Kai then and now well... gives me a sense of wonder. He was only a babbling baby then. Now he's a 3.5yo with a mind of his own, doing and saying things that makes him an unique individual.

It's nothing out of ordinary, I suppose. But as a mum, I look back at in amazement and wonder. Is this really the small crying babe whom we held in our arms 3.5 years ago? When did he become a happy, chirpy boy who loves to eat prawns, hates to drink water, loves it when you read to him, and who asks for his donkey soft toy every night before he goes to bed. I made him? Really?

And now, I get to go through that whole miracle all over again with Kit.

Happy 2010 everyone. Miracles do happen. I've come to realize that very often, we don't have to look very far for them.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...